Blog Post #1

 5 Reliable News Sources

By Trinity Church 


 

        

            Trying to find reliable news sources you can count on can be hard at times. There is a lot of fake news sources and photoshopped articles with misleading information. While trying to remain updated on what's going on in the world these are a few sources I find myself using.


       One of the first news sources I like to watch is ABC News. Growing up ABC News was a very common channel that people watched and in today's society ABC News is one of the most common news channels. Since it's one of the most common news channels ABC knows that their information has to be accurate and honest. They don't just provide important information but they also promote events that are going on and holiday events. They discuss the latest information going on in the media and even talk about small topics and issues that are raised by social media voices. 




        Another news source I find reliable is BBC News. Other than ABC News this is another source I 100% trust and find reliable. BBC provides news from all over the world and they even have multiple other websites for different countries such as BBC India, BBC Pakistan, BBC Afghanistan, etc. They cover other important information thats not just going on in the U.S. but also what's going on in other countries as well to keep them informed. 





        I am from Henderson, North Carolina which is about an hour from Raleigh. Our main news channel is WRAL because it is located in Raleigh. I grew up watching WRAL for updates on the weather and local news going on around my area. This is a news channel I was exposed to very young because it covers important events, crimes, weather, and any additional information near my area. 





        One of the most popular news source in today's society for young adults would be Social Media. Apps such as Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, etc. I also find myself researching information on these apps because there are actually bloggers on this apps that put reliable information out because that's their job. Another reason because these are real people telling their own experience on the latest "tea" aka interesting news. 




        The last News source I find reliable is CNN. I used to watch CNN in high school for my history class because they would cover topics that we discussed in class. I found the source reliable because it would teach me different things on topics I would be learning in class and they would cover whats going on all over the world. Even my social ethics teacher here at High Point University shows my class videos from CNN so I believe that if my teachers are showing me and I'm learning from the videos that this source is reliable. 







Comments