Blog Post #11

 Age of AI

By: Trinity Church



After watching the video Age of AI in class it really opened my eyes to how we use it in our everyday lives and how advanced it is. I never really thought of how advanced artificial intelligence is and can be, when you hear about the different features that come out for a phone or car in the moment you’re like wow but you never really think about it too much. Some examples of AI would be self-driving cars like a Tesla, or a big one we should all know about, Siri! I personally use Siri almost everyday, if I need to call someone I just ask her to do it for me, if I need to reply to a text I can speak into the phone and she will send it, etc. While watching the video something that really surprised me is how China uses drones to deliver packages and face recognition for people to be able to pay for things. I found this to be extremely interesting because I have never heard of this before. Depending on how advanced they take this invention, the people in China wouldn't have to go around carrying cash or credit cards. On the bright side you wouldn’t have to worry about being held at gunpoint and robbed, however with this invention identify theft is an extreme concern. If an outsider hacked into the system they would have access to everyone's money. For the system to grow and be more advanced I think it needs to be perfected and needs a team that is hands on in case something like that ever happens.



 

To be completely honest, artificial intelligence in general scares me. Just thinking about me owning a self-driving car and sleeping while it drives me somewhere is scary, the only reason I say this is because anything can happen! I do believe that one day technology will turn against us and things such as self-driving cars and even Siri will turn. The pros of artificial intelligence is how advanced it is and how crazy it is that we can create things that are so advanced. However, the cons are that all in all you have no privacy. You can speak into your phone telling Siri things and looking things up, and the next thing you know you get an ad for the thing that you just searched up. It’s like someone or something is always watching and listening!



Comments